to download a free, full-featured trial:
1) click below to download and install the program
2) click “Register Trial”
3) enter in your email address
4) enter in the activation code: puppy_trial
Why use a teleprompter?
Teleprompters are cool. Putting a laptop or second monitor above or below the camera lens is a great way to save the trouble of memorizing lengthy scripts and make shoots go faster, smoother and better.
What’s wrong with teleprompters?
Professional teleprompters cost too much, and some aren’t designed very well. They usually run more than a thousand dollars (though the expensive ones usually include a small dedicated monitor and/or box with mirror). We consider this highway robbery, since small LCD monitors can be purchased for under $100, and half-silvered mirrors and boxes are not too expensive.
What is PromptPuppy?
PromptPuppy is the junior version of PromptDog, a is a software-only teleprompter, designed by DVcreators.net, one of the world’s most respected video training companies, for our actual shoots, and tweaked extensively on the set and afterwards until it worked perfectly to our very high standards.
What features are in both PromptDog and PromptPuppy?
- drag ‘n’ drop or menu import
- mouse scroll wheel operation
- trackpad operation
- arrow key operation
- change font
- text size
- text line spacing
- search field in Operator Window
- invert background
- movable eyeline indicator
What features are only in PromptDog?
- invert scroll direction
- separate, synchronized Talent Window
- mirror support for any font and accented characters
- script editor
- can colorize words, phrases
- can save edited script
- search field in Edit Window
- eyeline indicator on left, right or both
- eyeline indicator opacity
- script timer
- realtime estimated total read time
Easily change your display
When you’re on the set, every second counts. All controls for text size, font, line spacing and inverting text for black-on-white display are easily accessible right on the main page – no hunting for preferences or searching through menus.
When the talent flubs a line, just a flick of your finger backward on the mouse wheel and the text will rapidly skip back a few lines at warp speed so you can retake the section, unlike other prompters where you have to work very hard to scroll back a few lines.
Smooth, quiet scrolling
Instead of using noisy keystrokes, PromptPuppy uses your mouse scroll wheel or laptop trackpad, for very quiet and responsive, easily adjustable scrolling speed. (Although if you don’t have a scroll wheel or trackpad, up and down arrow keys work also!).
- Mac OS X
- Windows XP and Vista
- Reliable internet connection
- mouse scroll wheel or trackpad
- 2nd monitor (for through-the-lens prompting)